IPA World is committed to protecting your personal information.
We will always keep your information safe and it will only ever be used for the purposes we collect it. We will only keep information for as long as it is needed.
IPA World will always process all personal information lawfully and be fair and transparent in how we do this.
We will never sell or share your information with marketing companies.
Our contact details
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- basic personal information which may include your name, address, phone number and email address,organisation or area of work. This information ensures that we can fulfil our role as an International national charitable organisation by keeping you informed about children’s play.
- General photographs will be taken at IPA World or branch events . We will ask for permission to take or use specific photographs of you to promote our work or initiatives.
We will never collect more information than is necessary for the purpose you have provided it.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
As a member of IPA World, we will process your personal information to:
- Provide you with communications regarding your membership plus information on membership benefits, e-bulletins, publications, events, surveys and consultations. This information processing is necessary for the performance of the membership contract between us.
- Provide you with information on membership renewal dates and fees and process of payment.
When we share information on consultations, e-briefings, e-bulletins and publications, we will process your information to:
- Provide you with information regarding children’s play and sector topic information.
When you complete a survey, we will use your information to:
When you join one of our branches or a branch facilitated by IPA World, we will process your personal information to branch administrators to:
- Provide you with information regarding arrangements for meetings, agendas, papers and other relevant information relating to the network. This is to ensure you receiverelevant information to pursue the aims of the IPA World branch.
- Facilitate the most effective communication within the branch, unless branch members request otherwise we will share branch members email addresses with the wider IPA World membership.
When we are organising conferences, and other IPA World events we will process your personal information to:
- Provide you with information about future events where you have given your consent to receivethis. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email
When you attend an IPA World conference, event, branch meeting or training we will get your personal information to:
- Provide you with confirmation of your booking, venue details, access arrangements and process and record your payment.
- Send you an evaluation survey or feedback form to complete and return – this is to assessthe effectiveness and suitability of our events and to improve our services.
- Provide you with information about future events.
- Promote our events using photographs that may be taken. These photos will be usedto report on and share previous events and to promote similar future events. This processing is in our legitimate interests to share information.
Social media posts or comments you send to us may be shared or re-tweeted publicly (e.g. via Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn).
IPA World does not collect, store or match handles to personal information unless you have given your consent. For example, you may have opted to receive information via social media, included a twitter handle with your personal details or chosen to follow us.
IPA World is not responsible for the privacy policies of these platforms and advises that you read the Privacy Policies of social media platforms before using them:
Your visit to our website will remain anonymous as none of the information collected is linked to any personalinformation. If you provide personal information through an online form or enquiry we will only process this for the purpose that you provided it.
The website information collected is only used to assess popular pages and downloads. This helps us to continually improve our website and your experience.
Our website uses Google Analytics to review our site functionality and these cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website, including the number of visitors to the website,where visitors have come from and the pages they visit. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about any website users.
Our website contains links to other websites that we do not control. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of any websites not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites, their services orproducts described or offered on such sites. We advise you to read the Privacy Policies of these websites before you use them.
When you make a financial transaction with us:
As payments made to IPA World are via PayPal or BACS (Banks Automated Clearing Services) we do not collect or store card details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Our information is stored using only secure software.
- Microsoft: We use cloud computing software to do our work, provided by Microsoft. The information is processed in the UK. You can click here to see at which information centres.
We will never retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it has been provided. If youhave consented to receive information regarding conferences, events, publications, training, workshops, surveys, consultations through email we will keep that information until you tell us that you no longer want to receive it. Every email contains an ‘unsubscribe’ link.
We keep membership information for three years from the time of the membership lapse. We will thendispose your information by deleting the data from the Wild Apricot database
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a
complaint to us by email at Secretary@ipaworld.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website:https://www.ico.org.uk